Scottish Ten Project Manager Dr Lyn Wilson will present the cutting edge project at Condition.2015.
Dr Lyn Wilson will give a 40 minutes key presentation titled “Global Approaches to Digital Documentation” at Thursday evening 21 May (at the end of the first day of digitization part of the conference).
The Scottish Ten is an ambitious five year project using cutting edge technologies to create exceptionally accurate digital models of Scotland’s five UNESCO designated World Heritage Sites and five international heritage sites in order to better conserve and manage them. The primary aims of the Scottish Ten project are to:
• Digitally document important historical sites for the benefit of future generations in Scotland and overseas.
• Share and promote Scottish technical expertise in conservation and digital visualisation.
• Foster international collaboration and build lasting partnerships that capitalise on cultural connections with Scotland.
• Provide 3D digital models and data to site staff to better care for the heritage asset.
• Create 3D digital documentation assets for innovative research, education and management.
This paper will look at the challenges and benefits of the project and discuss re-purposing of the digital assets created.